How to use the map:
1. Drag and/or zoom to locate your area of interest.
2. Hover your cursor over the relevant icon till the pass name appears. Click once to open the text balloon.
3. To go directly to a pass, simply click on the blue hyperlink in the text balloon.
4. Red markers are for gravel passes and/or jeep tracks.
5. Black markers are for tarred or concreted passes.
Mountain Passes South Africa is a website dedicated to the research, documentation, photographing and filming of the mountain passes of South Africa.
Passes are classified according to provinces and feature a text description, Fact File including GPS data, a fully interactive dual-view map and a narrated YouTube video.
We are as passionate about maps as we are about mountain passes. A good map is a thing of beauty that can transport you into the mists of time or get your sense of adventure churning. It is a place to make discoveries about deserts and seas, mountains and lakes; of roads leading into places you have not been before; a place to pore over holiday destinations or weekend camping trips. A map is your window to the world.